【不斷更新】英語口語地道表達筆記

我同時創建了一份騰訊文檔,如果小伙伴們有補充或修改的,歡迎幫忙一起完善啦~

  • 「英語不好/英語很糟」:I am not 100% fluent, but at least I am improving. / I am still having a few problems, but I am getting better.
  • 「打招呼/你好」:How are you? / What's up? / How are you doing? / How's it going? / What's going on?。回答可以說Good. / Great. / Not much.(沒怎么)。
  • 「謝謝」:I appreciate it. / Thanks for helping me.
  • 「不用謝/不客氣」:My pleasure. / No problem. / It's nothing. / Don't mention it. / Anytime. / You bet. / That's for sure.(美國人很少說you're welcome)
  • 「沒關系」:That's all right. / That's fine. / That's okay. / Don't worry about it. / We are cool.
  • 「拜拜/再見」:Catch you later.(之后再見) / Take care.(保重) / See ya.(拜拜)
  • 「我得去」:I've got to ...
  • 「很好/好棒/好厲害」:awesome / sick / amazing / cool / terrific / fantastic / fabulous
  • 「沒錯/對極了」:Right on.
  • 「你說得對/表示贊同/同意」:You said it!(你說得對) / Couldn't agree more.(我完全同意) / There you go!(這就對了) / You can say that again.(沒錯,的確如此) / You took the words right out of my mouth.(我也想這么說來著)
  • 「我不這么想/不是很同意」:I wouldn't say so/that.
  • 「不是這樣/不是那樣的/才不會」:It's not like that. / Far from it.
  • 「不/否定」:Not really. / Not exactly. 算不上,不見得。
  • 「好的/是的/沒錯/當然/的確/確實/對啊」:Okey-dokey! / For sure! / Totally! / Exactly! / Certainly! / Absolutely! / Sure thing! / You bet.(表示“一點也沒錯”,同時還要注意一下you bet經常可以用于表達“不用謝”,類似you are welcome),不要用of course,它帶有挑釁的意味。
  • 「肯定是/我敢打賭」:I'll bet.
    • I'll bet he will come.
  • 「請便/隨便用/別客氣/當然可以」:Be my guest.(請便) / Knock yourself out.(你還跟我客氣什么!只能和關系好的人說)。(當別人問:「我可以借用一下你的電話嗎?」、「請問這個位置我可以坐嗎?」、「你的筆借用一下好嗎?」,這種情況就可以回答“請便”。但是不要用suit yourself,它是不太情愿的“隨你便”)
  • 「委婉拒絕」:I'm afraid I can't.(恐怕不行) / I think I'm good.(不用了,謝謝) / I don't feel like ...(我沒有很想…) / I'd love to, but ...(我也想啊,可是…) / Thanks for asking, but...(謝謝你問我,但是…)。講"No, thanks."太low了。
  • 「我又來了」:Here I come again. / Here I am again. / It's me, again.
  • 「前方高能預警」:Dragon(s) Ahead / watch out / alert
    • spoiler alert 劇透警告
  • 「安利/推薦」:strongly recommend
    • I strongly recommend to you an awesome TV show called “Informal Talks”. 給大家安利一部綜藝節目《非正式會談》,非常好看。
  • 「打廣告」:to push
    • Mu Xiaolong often pushes Egyptian culture onto us and wants us to think Egypt invent everything. 穆小龍經常給埃及文化打廣告,想讓我們認為什么都是埃及發明的。
  • 「為…帶鹽」:sing the praises of
    • Luo Shijie is always singing the praise of Chinese dumplings, maybe if I ate as many as him I can be strong like a horse too. 羅獅杰總在安利中國餃子,如果我像他一樣吃那么多,也許我也可以力大如牛了吧!
  • 「扎心了,老鐵」:That's hurt, my old fellow. / sting / cut sb to the quick / tear sb‘s heart out
    • His words stung her. 他的話刺痛了她的心。
    • Your heartless comments cut me to the quick. 你那番無心的話深深刺痛到了我。
    • The thought of our sweet memory is tearing my heart out. 一想到我們曾經美好的記憶,我就心碎了。
  • 「樂翻了/開心到飛起」:on cloud nine / in seventh heaven / walk on air / over the moon / be tickled pink
  • 「玩得很嗨」:have a ball
    • We had an absolute ball last night and didn't come home until 2 AM. 我們昨晚玩得太開心了,直到凌晨兩點才回家。
  • 「濃縮才是精華」:vertically challenged
    • Whenever anyone teases Andy about his height, He just tells them that he is vertically challenged!
  • 「這就很尷尬了」:That’s super awkward!
  • 「有趣的靈魂」:a barrel of laughs
  • 「辣眼睛」:It's such an eyesore! / My eyes! / It's blinding me.
  • 「喪」:demotivation
  • 「不是我想打擊你」:I hate to burst your bubble, but ...
  • 「打醬油的」:bystander / goofoff
  • 「吃瓜群眾」:netizens
  • 「鍵盤俠」:keyboard warrior
  • 「一炮走紅/爆紅」:catapult to fame / go viral
  • 「過氣明星」:goner / has-been / over the hill(說東西不再流行可以用out of fashion / not trendy anymore)
  • 「毒舌」:sharp-tongued
  • 「悶騷」:mild on the outside but wild on the inside
  • 「腹黑」:scheming
  • 「蠢萌」:adorkable
  • 「吐槽」:roast sb
  • 「老司機」:old hand
  • 「戲精」:drama queen
  • 「女漢子」:tough girl(“軟妹子”就是girly girl)
  • 「吃貨」:foodie
  • 「書呆子」:nerd
  • 「宅男」:homebody / shut-in
  • 「咸魚/懶人」:lazybones
  • 「奇葩」:weirdo
  • 「奇怪」:weird,老美很少用 strange 而比較偏愛 weird 這個字
  • 「品性不佳的/行為低劣的」:sleazy
  • 「猥瑣」:creepy / filthy / dirty
  • 「邋遢」:scruffy / slovenly / unkempt / slob
  • 「任性」:willful / unruly / headstrong
  • 「玻璃心」:sensitive
  • 「接地氣」:down to earth
  • 「中毒/上癮」:be hooked on / be addicted to
  • 「狂熱/無節制地」:binge(追劇就是binge watching,酗酒就是binge drinking)
  • 「爛」:suck
  • 「饞死了」:have a craving for / My mouth is watering.
  • 「窮/吃土/身無分文」:be financially embarrassed(手頭拮據) / I'm short on cash.(我缺錢、手頭緊) / I'm flat broke.(我沒錢了) / eat dust bunnies(吃土、喝西北風)
    • It seems that I will have to live on dirt next month. 看來下個月只有吃土了。
    • I'm financially embarrassed at the moment. 我目前手頭拮據。
  • 「夜宵」:midnight snack / late-night snack
  • 「修仙/熬夜/刷夜/通宵」:pull an all-nighter / burn the midnight oil / stay up late
  • 「舍不得」:reluctant(更常用)、grudge(還有吝嗇、積怨、耿耿于懷的意思)
    • This dream has no end, but how also reluctant to wake up. 這一場夢沒有終點,卻怎么也舍不得醒來。
    • The boy keeps looking back at the assistant, fascinated, as if reluctant to leave. 男孩一直出神地看著那位助理,似乎舍不得離開。
  • 「不經意間」:unconsciously / without noticing / before one realizes it
  • 「圖個啥」:What for? / To what end? / What (the hell) is that for? / What's in it for you?
  • 「對牛彈琴」:It's like talking to a wall.
  • 「你是個好人」:You're a nice guy.
  • 「太麻煩了」:It's too complicated. / This won't be easy. / It's a pain in the ass.
  • 「明天我有事情要做/忙/脫不開身」:Sorry but I am tied up all day tomorrow. 表示自己忙,脫不開身。
  • 「快了」:Almost.
  • 「快到了/馬上到了」:Almost there. / I'll be right there soon. / A couple blocks away. / Will be there any minute. / Will be there in a bit. / Just a sec.
  • 「馬上回來」:I'll be right with you.
  • 「重感情的人」:a person who cares too much about feelings and relationships
  • 「搭訕/撩妹」:hit on sb / charm
  • 「面基/約會/約一波」:meet up
  • 「心動」:flipped
  • 「表白/我喜歡你/看上某人」:I have a crush on you. / I'm keen on you. / I get a kick out of you.
  • 「裝/假/虛偽」:fake
  • 「裝逼/炫耀」:ostentatious / show off / poser(要是說某人裝逼一般說"You are such a poser.")
  • 「出風頭」:push oneself forward / steal the show / hog the limelight
  • 「打嘴炮」:all talk and no action
  • 「別太膨脹」:Don't be complacent.
  • 「注孤生」:doomed to be forever alone
  • 「光棍/單身狗」:bare branches / damn single / unattached / bachelor
  • 「秀恩愛」:PDA = public displays of affection
  • 「小哥哥/小姐姐/帥哥/美女」:handsome / cute / pretty / stunning / (drop-dead) gorgeous / charming / breathtaking,或者也可以直接說"Hi, beautiful."
  • 「夸小孩可愛」:adorable
  • 「談戀愛」:in a relationship
    • Have you been in a relationship before? 你有沒有談過戀愛?
  • 「小三」:mistress / home wrecker
  • 「出軌/劈腿」:have an affair with
  • 「渣男/花心大蘿卜」:two-timer / pig / jerk/asshole(混蛋) / scum(人渣)
  • 「八卦」:gossip
  • 「狗血」:It's a cliche.
  • 「狗仔」:paparazzi
  • 「無節操/節操掉了一地」:have no sense of shame
  • 「備胎」:rebound guy / back-burner guy(on the back burner可以表示“先放一放;降低優先級;放在次要位置”)
  • 「被甩了」:get dumped by someone
  • 「好相處」:He's nice to be around. 他很好相處。
  • 「合得來」:have good chemistry with each other / be in sync / I think we two really click. / hit it off
  • 「請吃飯」:I'll treat you to a meal.
  • 「破了/壞了」:褲子破了用torn/worn out,機械功能不正常的話就可以用broken,硬的東西也可以用broken
  • 「手殘」:I have no hand-eye coordination.
  • 「敷面膜」:apply a facial mask / put on a facial mask
  • 「戴口罩」:wear a face mask
  • 「充電寶」:mobile charger / portable charger / pocket charger / power bank
  • 「坐過站了」:I missed my stop.
  • 「你到家了嗎」:Have you reached home yet? / Are you at home yet?
    • Have you already arrived? 你已經到了嗎?
  • 「不占用名額」:fill capacity / fill quota
    • last 3 quota 最后3個名額
    • campus recruitment quota 校招名額
    • Students don't fill the schools new-student capacity. 學生不占用學校的招生名額。
    • We still have vacancies for secretaries but other positions have been filled. 我們的秘書名額尚有空缺,但其他職位都滿了。
  • 「不用算上我」:Count me out!
  • 「算你一份」:cut all you in / give you a cut
    • I cut all you in. 把大家都算在內。
  • 「這個座位有人嗎?/這個位子被占了嗎?」:Is this seat taken?
    • The seat is occupied. / I’m sorry, It's taken. 座位有人占了。
    • No, go ahead. 沒有,坐吧。
    • 「幫忙占座位」:Save a seat for me.
  • 「午餐吃什么」:What are we going to eat for lunch today?
  • 「我在馬路對面」:I'm just across the street.
  • 「距離…還有多少天」:How many days do I have before I resign / until my resignation
  • 「走著瞧/你看著辦/你給我等著」:Just you wait and see.
  • 「廢話不多說,直接進入主題」:Get to the point.
  • 「不值一提」:None to speak of. / Nothing worth mentioning. /not worth bringing up
  • 「湊合/將就」:make do with sth
    • I gotta make do with it. 我只好將就著了。
    • We have to make do with the small room for the night. 我們晚上只的在這小房間里將就一下。
  • 「不費吹灰之力/毋庸置疑」:hands down
    • He won that singing contest hands down. 他不費吹灰之力地就贏了歌唱比賽。
    • Your English is hands down the best among these students. 你的英文程度毋庸置疑地是這些學生中最好的了。
  • 「小氣鬼」:stingy指的是舍不得花錢,如要表達器量小心胸狹窄可以用small-minded或intolerant。
  • 「生活拮據/死定了」:in a bind
    • Each month I gotta pay my rent, cable TV, internet, transportation, etc. And after paying those bills, I am in a bind. 我每個月要付房租,有線電視費,網路及交通費等等,付完之后我生活就很拮據了。
    • I think I failed my test last week, damn, I am in a bind. 我想我上星期的考試可能考砸了,他媽的,我死定了。
  • 「完了/死定了/嗝屁」:I'm screwed. / I'm doomed. / I'm dead. / I'm toast.
    • It's all fucked up. 這下全完了。
  • 「豁出去」:throw caution to the wind
    • He threw caution to the wind and bet all his money in the sporting house wishing that he could be a millionaire in just one bet. 他豁出去了把所有的錢在賭場里一次下注,期待可以一注就成為百萬富翁。
  • 「花血本」:It cost me a fortune.
  • 「求穩/不冒險」:play safe
  • 「圖片與實物不符」:The product doesn't match the picture!
  • 「我不喜歡別人說我胖」:I don't like it when others tell me I'm fat.
  • 「校園生活」
    • 「學長學姐」:美帝人民他們沒有這樣貼標簽式的說法,一般直呼其名。如果實在要這樣說,就senior schoolmate / junior schoolmate。
    • 「逃課/翹課」:play truant / ditch school / skip class
    • 「老師點名」:call the roll
      • The teacher will call the roll in every period of class. 老師每節課都會點名。
      • remove sb's name from the roll 把某人除名
    • 「偷懶的人/分組報告時什么都不做的人」:slacker / loafer
    • 「夜沖/刷夜」:have a night out
  • 「活生生的例子」:living proof
  • 「不帶這樣的」:Aww...come on, man!
  • 「我的心情很復雜」:I'm in a very complicated mood/state right now. / My emotions are very complex.
  • 「我想靜靜」:I just want a few moments of peace. / I need some time to myself. / Leave me be! / Please leave me alone.
  • 「逃過一劫/幸免于難/好險」:a narrow escape / a close call
    • It's a close call.I nearly hit the car in front. 好險啊!差點撞上前車。
  • 「美麗」:Charlotte's web was truly a thing of beauty.
    • 類似造句:David is truly a man of humor.
  • 「站得住腳」:hold water
    • How can this conclusion hold water? 這種結論怎么站得住腳?
  • 「找茬」:pick on sb
    • Don't pick on me. 不要來找我麻煩。
  • 「話扯太遠了」:I've gotten carried away.
  • 「站著說話不腰疼」:Easier said than done.
  • 「我先走了」:I gotta run. / I have to go. / I have to get going. / I have to head out.
  • 「凍死了」:I'm freezing to death!
  • 「我很累/累壞了/累趴下/累成狗」:I'm beat. / I'm exhausted. / I'm dead tired. / I'm worn out. / I'm feeling burned out. / I'm ready to drop.
  • 「很忙」:swamped
    • I'm already totally swamped with work! 工作太多了,好像陷進了沼澤地一樣,讓我覺得喘不過氣。
  • 「貴」:steep / cost sb an arm and a leg
    • That’s a bit steep. 這個東西有一點點貴。
    • It costs an arm and a leg to own a cat these days. 現在連養只貓都貴得要死。
  • 「想得美/沒門兒」:You wish! / In your dreams! / Dream on! / Over my dead body! / As if! / Not a chance! / Yes, and pigs might fly!
  • 「你管得著嗎?誰理你呀!」:Bite me!
  • 「真可惜/真遺憾」:What a pity! / What a shame! / That's too bad!
  • 「真丟臉/真無恥」:Shame on you!
  • 「等一下」:Give me a second. / Wait me a second. / Just a few more minutes. / Half a moment. / Hold on a moment.
  • 「不開心/沒心情」:I'm not in the mood. / I'm upset. / I'm down.
    • I'm not in the mood for company. 我這會兒就想一個人呆著。
  • 「不在狀態」:I'm not myself today.(今天不在狀態) / I just zoned out for a moment.(心不在焉,走神) / My brain isn't functioning.(腦子不轉了)
  • 「我的天」:Oh my Gosh. / Oh my goodness. / Oh, Boy!(表示高興、興奮、驚奇) / Whoops!(糟糕,講話的人不小心做錯了什么事或忘了什么事) / Ouch!(被什么東西碰到或被弄疼了)
  • 「被整了」:prank
    • You were/got pranked! 你被整了!
    • I'm just messing with you. 逗你玩兒呢。
  • 「道歉/我不是那個意思/這并非我的本意」:I didn't mean it that way. / I'm not trying to be mean. / My sincere apologies. / Are you mad at me?(你在生我的氣嗎?)
  • 「請求幫忙」:Could you do me a favor? / Could I trouble you to ... / Could you possibly ... / Would you mind ... / Can you give me a hand?
    • Could you possibly give me a lift home? 我能搭個便車嗎?
  • 「餐巾紙」:tissue(最常見的一包包的紙) / napkin(比較厚、硬的餐布)
  • 「廁所」:Where is the bathroom?
  • 「近視」:nearsighted / shortsighted
  • 「你對我沒感覺了?你不喜歡我了?你已經忘了我嗎?」:Are you over me?
  • 「這對我有什么好處?」:How does it benefit me? / What do I get out of this? / What’s in it for me?(最正宗)
  • 「隨你便/無所謂/不在乎/我才不管/與我無關/愛咋咋的/去他媽的我才不管/我他媽才不在乎呢」:Suit yourself. / For all I care. / It's none of my business. / I don't care. / I don't give two hoots. / I don't give a crap/damn/shit.
  • 「隨便/都行」:Anything is fine. / Doesn't matter, anything. / I'm good with anything.
  • 「一般般/還可以/就那樣」:It's okay. / Sort of. / Not bad.
  • 「我保證/我發誓/放心吧/妥妥的」:You have my word. / I promise you.
  • 「說吧/開始吧/繼續吧/表示同意允許」:Go ahead.
  • 「過分」:go too far / over the top / cross the line / This is too much.
  • 「不要得寸進尺/別蹬鼻子上臉」:You're pushing it.
  • 「串門兒/順便拜訪」:drop by
    • Come by anytime.(隨時來串門) / Drop by if you are free.(有空來串門)
  • 「下車/把某人送到某個地方/順便把東西給某人」:drop off
    • Just drop me off at the next intersection. 就在下個路口把我放下吧。
    • I'll drop by your place and drop off your stuff later. 我等會順道去你家把你的東西給你。
  • 「拉家常」:chit-chat / make a small talk
  • 「打包」:take away / take out
    • I'd like to pack it away. 我想打包帶走。
    • For here or to go? 在這兒吃還是帶走?
  • 「你來決定/你說了算」:It's your call. / You make the call. / You have the final say. / It's all up to you. / You are the boss.
  • 「有你的電話」:There's a call for you. / It's your phone call.
  • 「不想理你/懶得理你」:turn one's back on sb / gave sb the cold shoulder / gives sb the silent treatment / ignore sb / brush sb off
    • I'm crossing you out. 我不理你了。
    • I don't understand why she gave me the cold shoulder. 我不明白她為何對我冷淡。
    • She always gives me the silent treatment whenever she gets mad at me. 她每次一和我吵架就不理我了。
  • 「太棒了」:You rock!
  • 「給我遞個東西」:Can you pass/hand me ...?
    • 「給你」:Here you are. / Here you go.
  • 「你要這個干嘛?」:What do you want/need the ... for?
  • 「關心/你怎么了/發生了什么」:What’s going on? / What’s wrong? / What happened? / What’s the matter? / Is anything wrong? / Is anything bothering you? / Are you okay? / Are you all right? / What can I do for you?
  • 「你還好嗎」:Are you all right? / All right with you?
  • 「手機沒電」:My phone's dead. / My phone's out of batteries.
  • 「交朋友」: Let's be friends! Could I have your WeChat? Let me scan your QRCode.
  • 「什么意思」:What Do You Mean? / What does that mean?
  • 「我不是故意的」:I didn’t mean it.
  • 「隨便問問」:I'm just checking. / I'm just wondering.
  • 「還真別說/你別說,還真是」:Hey, look, It really works.
  • 「真得嗎/真是這樣嗎/驚訝」:You don't say it! / Really? / Is that so?
  • 「呵呵」:interesting
  • 「互撕/爭執/有恩怨」:have a beef with each other
  • 「喝湯」:eat soup / have soup(萬金油動詞have)
  • 「你先走」:After you.(不要說You go first.)
  • 「不著急」:用公共飲水機/洗手池時,如果有人正好在用,可以這樣說"Take your time."(不著急,你先用)。等對方用完了,ta可能會對你說"All yours."(請便)
  • 「你先忙吧/那你去忙吧/先不打擾了」:I'll leave you to it. / I'll let you go. / I'll let you get back to work. / I won't disturb you any further. / I won't keep you. / I'll get out of your hair. / Then you go. / It is all right, go ahead please. / It's ok, please take your time.
    • Go ahead and do what you need to do first. We will talk later.
  • 「聽懂了嗎?」Does this make sense? / Did you get it/me? / Was that clear? / Where did I lose you?(我還有哪里沒說清楚嗎?)
  • 「沒聽清/沒明白/聽不懂」:Pardon? / You lost me. / I didn't follow.
  • 「我知道了/我懂了/明白了」:I got it! / I got you!
  • 「睡懶覺」:sleep in
  • 「插隊」:cut the queue / jump the line
    • 「請排隊」:Please line up, okay?
  • 「闖紅燈」:run the red light
  • 「學霸」:straight A student / grind
  • 「夜貓子」:night owl
  • 「趕緊的/快一點」:On the double!
  • 「心疼/為…感到難過」:feel bad for
  • 「請自取」:Help yourself to the tableware. 餐具請自取。
    • Help yourself to anything you like. 喜歡什么請隨便吃。
  • 「往返票」:round-trip ticket
  • 「不懷好意」:up to no good
    • I could tell from that smile that he was up to no good. 從他笑的那樣子我就知道他不懷好意。
  • 時間日期相關
    • 「時間幾點幾分」:quarter past eight(8點15分)、quarter to nine(8點45分)、half past eight(8點30分)、twenty past eight(8點20分)、ten to nine(8點50分)
    • 「下下周」:the week after the next / two weeks from now
    • 「前幾天」:the other day
    • 「幾天前」:a few days ago
    • 「這幾年/這些年來」:over the years
    • 「一直」:all the time
  • 「說壞話」:speak ill of sb
  • 「有錢」:well off
  • 「天氣熱」:hot 熱的,scorching 灼熱的,blazing 炎熱的,sweaty 出汗多的,sweltering 悶熱的,sizzling 極熱的,It's raining fire! 天氣火熱火熱的
  • 「天氣冷/凍死了」:freezing cold
    • 「零下10度」:minus 10 / 10 below
  • 「曬黑」:get tanned / get dark
  • 「曬傷」:be sunburned
  • 「抹防曬霜」:put on sunscreen / rub
  • 「累贅」:excess baggage
  • 「收拾屋子」:tidy up the room
  • 「折中」:middle ground
    • I think we should find a middle ground. 我想我們應該折中一下。
    • Let's try to figure out where the middle ground is. 讓我們試試看看能不能找到一個折中的方法。
  • 「費時」:time-consuming
  • 「摻和/正忙于/參與其中」:in the middle of
  • 「注定」:be bound to
  • 「冤枉/錯怪」:You are accusing me wrongly!(你冤枉我了) / I have wronged you.(我錯怪你了) / bark up the wrong tree(錯怪了某人)
  • 「堅持到底」:We tough it out.
  • 「堅持不懈」:plug away
    • I'll just keep plugging away.
    • The more you plug away at practicing piano, the better you'll be at playing it. 你越堅持練習,就能彈得越好。
  • 「勝任」:be qualified / be competent / be cut out + for sth / to do sth
  • 「無論如何」:Anyway / One way or another
  • 「表面上看」:on the surface
  • 「你懂的」:You know what I mean.
  • 「別生我氣」:Please don't be mad at me.
  • 「別管它/隨它去/順其自然」:Let it slide. / Let it be.
  • 「想開點/看開點」:Get over it.
    • You've got to get over this. 你應該看開點。
  • 「少來了/少騙人了/怎么可能/閉嘴」:Get out of here! / Shut up!
  • 「省省吧/得了吧/少來這套/別扯淡了/別忽悠人了」:Save it. / Stop it. / Come on. / Don't give me that.
  • 「得了吧」:give me a break
    • You think he is the best in our team? Give me a break! 你覺得他是最好的?得了吧你!
    • Come on. Give me a break, I don't want to do this. 拜托,饒了我吧,我可不想這樣。
  • 「盡興」:have a blast
  • 「悶悶不樂」:feel depressed / long face / down in the mouth / Why are you so glum?
    • Why the long face? 為什么悶悶不樂呀?
  • 「故意」:on purpose
    • Is he doing this on purpose? 他是不是故意的啊?
  • 「太困難/太難懂」:over one's head
    • Math is just over my head. 數學對我來說太難了。
  • 「家務」
    • 「掃地」:sweep the floor
    • 「拖地」:mop the floor
    • 「鋪床」:make the bed
    • 「煮飯」:cook the meals
    • 「洗碗」:wash the dishes
    • 「燒水」:boil water
    • 「洗衣服」:do the laundry
    • 「晾衣服」:hang out the laundry
    • 「收衣服」:bring in the laundry
    • 「這衣服」:fold the laundry
    • 「刷廁所」:scrub the toilet
    • 「丟垃圾」:take out the trash/garbage
  • 「感冒生病癥狀」
    • 「身體不舒服/小病」:I'm not feeling well. / I feel under the weather.
    • 「鼻塞」:My nose is congested/stuffed. / I have a stuffy nose.
    • 「流鼻涕」:I have a runny nose. / My nose is running.
    • 「擤鼻子」:Do you have any tissues? I have to blow my nose. 你有紙嗎?我得擤一下鼻涕。
    • 「發燒」:have a temperature / have a (high) fever
    • 「咳嗽」:(have a bad) cough
    • 「打嗝」:hiccup
    • 「打噴嚏」:sneeze
    • 「打呵欠」:yawn
    • 「喉嚨沙啞」:sore throat
    • 「胸悶」:chest tightness / chest tension
    • 「胸痛」:chest pain
    • 「失眠」:have insomnia / have trouble sleeping
    • 「過敏」:I have allergies.
    • 「食物中毒」:have food poisoning
    • 「肚子不舒服」:My stomach is a bit dodgy. / I feel a bit dodgy. / My stomach is feeling weird. / My stomach is upset. / My stomach is killing me. / bellyache(比較可愛的說法)
    • 「腹瀉/拉肚子」:I have/get diarrhea. / I get the runs.
    • 「惡心想吐/反胃」:I'm feeling nauseated. / I feel like I'm gonna throw up.
    • 「嘔吐」:vomit / throw up
      • I vomited up most of my dinner. 我吃的飯大部分都吐掉了。
      • He vomited up all he had just eaten. 他把剛才吃下的所有東西都吐了出來。
      • I feel like throwing up. 我想吐。
    • 「吃不下任何東西」:I can't keep anything down.
    • 「有痰」:phlegm
    • 「頭暈」:dizzy
    • 「昏昏欲睡的/嗜睡的」:drowsy
    • 「痛」:pain(刺痛,程度更重) / ache(隱隱作痛,程度更輕)
    • 「刮傷」:I scratched my face yesterday.
    • 「刮痕」:I have scratches on my arm.
    • 「腳扭了/扭到腳」:I sprained my ankle.
    • 「腰酸背痛/全身酸痛」:My whole body is so sore.
  • 「回到正軌」:back on track
  • 「沉住氣/別著急/別發火」:keep one's shirt on
  • 「別往心里去」:Don't take it personally.
  • 「跟你沒完」:This isn't over.
  • 「大驚小怪」:make a fuss
  • 「孤立無援」:be left high and dry
  • 「天壤之別」:far cry
    • It is a far cry from a success, but it is a good start. 雖然離成功還很遠,但它是一個好的開始。
    • This flat is a far cry from the house they had before. 這個公寓和他們從前的房子大不相同。
  • 「與眾不同」:He is one of a kind.
  • 「自戀」:narcissist
  • 「通融/變通/放寬規定」:bend the rules
  • 「有事瞞著我」:Are you hiding something from me?
  • 「挑剔/挑三揀四」:picky
  • 「懸而未決」:be up in the air
  • 「恰到好處」:hit the spot
    • Perfect. It really hits the spot. 完美,恰到好處!
    • I think the ice-cream will hit the spot today. 我想今天這些冰淇淋挺合胃口的。
  • 「一針見血/直擊要害」:right for the jugular / right to the belly of the beast / hit the nail on the head
  • 「沒眼光」:It's their loss! 是他們沒眼光!
  • 「自以為是」:full of oneself
  • 「鼻塞」:I have a stuffy nose.
  • 「腦子一片空白」:draw a blank
    • I've completely drawn a blank. 我完全想不起來了,腦子一片空白。
  • 「頂嘴/反駁」:talk back to sb
  • 「地道」:authentic
  • 「路癡」:I have no sense of direction.
  • 「糾結」:torn / indecisive / struggle to decide
    • Mike is so torn between becoming a doctor and becoming a teacher. Mike在做醫生還是當老師之間無比糾結。
    • I know you are very torn on this issue, but you have to do something. 我知道這件事你很糾結,但你必須有所行動了。
  • 「私下」:in confidence / in private
  • 「辛苦了/鼓勵」:I really appreciate it! / Good job! / Well done! / Great effort, guys! / Keep it up!
  • 「很棒/做得好/好樣的」:Way to go! / Well done! / Good job!
  • 「加油」:Hang in there!(撐著點) / I'm rooting for you.(我支持你) / You've got this!(你沒問題的) / I've got your back.(我挺你) / You're almost there.(馬上就可以了)
  • 「堅持下去/繼續加油/繼續努力/再接再厲」:Keep it up! / Keep up the good work!
  • 「我挺你/安慰他人」:I'm on your side. / I'm behind you. / I'll stand by you. / I'm with you. / I'll back you up. / I got your back.
  • 「還沒睡嗎?」:Still up?
  • 「少放點鹽/辣」:Go easy on the salt/pepper.
  • 「可不是嘛/就是說嘛/認同/附和」:Tell me about it.
  • 「這還用說/我早就知道了/還要你告訴我/挖苦」:You're telling me! / Tell me about it!
  • 「絕不/一點也不」:by no means(一點也不) / not at all(一點也不) / on no account(絕對不可以/切勿)
  • 「我不相信」:I'm not buying it. / I don't buy it.
  • 「請假」:have day off
    • I’d like to have three days off. 我想請三天假。
    • Can I take next Tuesday off? 下周二我能請假嗎?
  • 「替班」:cover for sb
    • Could you cover for me today? 你今天能替我值班嗎?
    • Can you cover my shift today? 我不在的時候你替我一會兒好嗎?
  • 「白班/夜班」:day shift / night shift
  • 「我認為/據我所知/在我看來」:in my book / in my opinion / as far as I am concerned
  • 「開始相信/以為/覺得」:get it into one's head that ...
    • He somehow got it into his head that I might have had an accident. 他莫名其妙地覺得我可能出事了。
    • He's got it into his head that he was going to marry me. 他總以為我會嫁給他。
  • 「沒什么大不了的」:It’s no big deal.
  • 「都有了」:You name it.
    • You name it, and we have it. 凡是你說的出名字的我們都有。
    • I enjoy all sports: tennis, football, swimming, you name it. 我喜歡所有的運動,網球,足球,游泳只要你說的出的運動我都喜歡。
  • 「過獎了/受寵若驚」:I'm so flattered. / Was it?! I was so nervous. I totally messed up the beginning. 有嘛?過獎啦。我特別緊張,前面都搞砸了。
  • 「太感謝了」:You are so sweet!
  • 「真了不起」:That's really something.
  • 「賴我/我的錯/是我不好」:My bad. / I apologize for that.
  • 「搞砸」:blow it
  • 「有同感/我也這樣認為」:I feel the same way.
  • 「很難說/誰也不知道/誰也沒把握」:You never can tell.
    • Get real! You can never tell about this sort of thing. 現實點吧,這種事誰也說不準。
  • 「這就對了/就是這樣/問題就在這兒」:That's it.
  • 「完了/沒有別的了/到此結束了」:That's it.
    • -Anything else? 還有其他事嗎? -That's it. You can leave any time. 沒別的了,你隨時可以離開了。
  • 「我不喜歡」:I'm not into it. / That's not for me.
  • 「抽不開身」:He was unavoidably detained. 他太忙了,實在抽不開身。
  • 「滾/走開」:fuck off
  • 「希望/但愿/走運的話」:with any luck
  • 「芝麻開門」:Open Sesame
  • 「認輸」:throw in the towel
  • 「嚇到我」:freak me out
  • 「好嗎」:All right?
  • 「這樣不太好吧」:That's not a good idea. / This way is not too good, right?
  • 「臉皮厚/不要臉/不知羞恥的」:shameless / bold-faced / brass neck
  • 語氣詞
    • 「廢話/那不然勒/黑人問號」:Duh!
    • 「呀/驚訝」:Yikes!
    • 「少女心噴發/可憐」:Aww
    • 「無聊/沒興趣/還好」:Meh
    • 「呸/切/輕蔑」:Pfft
  • 「相信/認識到」:be convinced of
  • 「耍小聰明」:get smart with sb / play tricks on sb
  • 「你又不是三歲小孩」:You weren't born yesterday.
  • 「和解/言歸于好」:bury the hatchet
  • 「無意」:I didn't mean to hurt you. 我無意傷害你。
  • 「惡心」:gross / nasty / disgusting
  • 「無趣」:lame
  • 「向前一點」:Scoot up。Scoot 這個字如果你去查字典,它告訴你的解釋是“輕快地奔跑”,但是一般在日常生活中如果用到 scoot 這個字的話,則是表示稍微移動一下的意思。比如說有一次我去圖書館念書,我坐在我的位置上,把走道都堵死了,結果有一個老美要過過不去,他要我把椅子稍微向前移動一下,他會說 Scoot up。你也可以說 scoot up a little bit,表示往前靠一點點。同樣的,scoot over就是“往旁邊靠一點”的意思。
  • 「上路/出發/動身/啟程」:hit the road
  • 「我該怎么說呢?」:How can I put it?
  • 「好主意」:light bulb
  • 「我不是自吹」:Not to pat myself on the back.
  • 「翻來覆去/輾轉反側/難以入睡」:toss and turn
    • I've been tossing and turning all night. 翻來覆去睡不著
  • 「好吃/美味」:yummy / tasty / appetizing / mouthwatering / awesome / It tastes good. / It has a good taste.(老外幾乎不說“Delicious”)
  • 「好了沒」:Are we all good?
  • 「搞定了」:I nailed it.
  • 「手里拿著什么啊?」:What are you holding?
  • 「臨陣退縮」:cold feet
    • I got cold feet when asked to make a speech. 當叫我發言時,我嚇得不敢上臺。
  • 「厭煩/膩了/受夠了/忍受不了」:be up to here with / be fed up with
    • I'm up to here with you. 我真是受夠你了。
    • I am so fed up with him trying to brainwash everyone every day, from food to music. 真受不了他一天到晚安利各種東西,從食品到音樂。
  • 「在觀望中」:on the fence
    • I'm still on the fence. 我還在觀望中。
  • 「生氣/氣死了/氣炸了」:be pissed off / have a cow / blow up
    • He was pissed off when I said Taiwan is China. 當我說臺灣是中國的一部分時,他氣死了。
    • I thought he would have a cow when I told him I crashed his car. 我以為他聽說我把他的車撞了,他一定會大發雷霆的。
    • I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I'm blowing up. 我好累,我就要原地爆炸了。
  • 「你的良心不會痛嗎」:Has this action ever given you a slash of conscience? / How can you reconcile into your conscience? / You had the conscience to do such a thing. / afflicted with conscience / one's conscience pricks
  • 「你不必這么做/你真是太客氣了/太破費了」:You don't have to do that! / You shouldn't have!
  • 「談判籌碼」:bargain chip
  • 「回頭客/老客戶」:repeat customer / regular client
  • 「我自己走,不用送了」:I'll see myself out.
  • 「謝謝你送我回家」:Thanks for walking me home.
  • 「學東西可快了」:fast learner
  • 「完勝」:outclass
  • 「遛狗」:walk the dog
  • 「給差評」:write negative reviews/comments
    • It got a poor rating. 這家店評價不太好。
  • 「掙錢不容易/錢不是長在樹上的」:Money doesn't grow on trees.
  • 「忽略/不聽/無視/漠視不理/輕輕帶過」:brush off
    • My friend shouldn't brush off the poor ratings of the convertible. 我朋友不應該忽略這輛敞篷車很差的車評。
    • He brushed aside our objection. 他無視我們的反對。
    • -Have you talked to your boyfriend about buying a table? 你跟你的男友談了買桌子的事情嗎?
      -Yes, but he just brushed it off as if it were only my business.談過了,但他只是輕輕帶過,好像這事情只是我的事兒一樣。
  • 「非常/相當/很」:badly / fairly / terribly / pretty / rather / quite / very
    • I wanted so badly to be a part of it. 我非常想參與其中。
    • I miss you so badly! 我好想好想好想你。
    • He fairly flew across the room. 他簡直是飛過了房間。
    • For him, the place is fairly boiling with humanity. 對他來說,這個地方充滿了人情味。
  • 「更加/遠遠超過」:way more / far more(way口語里經常用作副詞,很,非常,相當地)
    • Her performance is way better than her peers. 她的表現比同輩好多了。
    • Things are far more complicated than I expected. 事情遠比我想的復雜。
  • 「我不只代表我自己/我代表了一個群體」:I am not just me, I am also a "we"!
  • 「昏迷」:in a coma
  • 「活該/你自找的/自作自受/自討苦吃」:Serve your right. / You ask for it!
  • 「我哪兒也不去」:I'm not going anywhere.
  • 「以我的方式」:on my terms
    • I live my life on my own terms. 我按自己的方式活。
  • 「停車/把車停在路邊」:pull over
  • 「這不太對勁」:There's something going on here.
  • 「知道/了解/明白」:get wise to
  • 「不知道」:have no idea / don't have the slightest idea
    • I have no idea about it. 我一點都不知道。
    • You have no idea what's going on, right? 你根本不知道怎么回事。
    • I don't have the faintest/slightest idea what you're talking about. 我完全不知道你們在講什么。
  • 「都安排好了」:We are good.
  • 「會有進一步發展/事情沒那么簡單」:There is more to it.
    • There is more to it than it seems. 事情沒那么簡單。
  • 「才不是呢」:Not true.
  • 「我要瘋了」:I'm losing my mind. / I'm going crazy/mad. / go nuts / drive sb crazy
    • Are you nuts? 你瘋了嗎?
    • That noise is driving me crazy. 那個噪音快要把我逼瘋了。
  • 「站隊」:take sides / side with sb / take one's part / speak in sb's favor / stand up for
    • Whatever you do, I'll take sides with you. 無論你做什么,我都會站在你這邊。
    • Why do you always side against me? 你為什么總站在我的對立面?
    • The United States said on Monday that it would not take sides in the Huangyan Island standoff between China and the Philippines in the South China Sea. 美國于本周一表示,不會在中菲黃巖島問題上站隊。
  • 「亦敵亦友」:frenemy
  • 「煎熬/折磨人」:torment / torture
  • 「順利地/安穩地」:without a hitch
  • 「妥善地」:properly
  • 「供不應求」:demand exceeds supply / The supply could not meet the demand.
  • 「砍價/再便宜一點」:Could you go any lower? / Can you give me a better deal/price on this?
  • 「要就拿走,不要拉倒」:Take it or leave it.
  • 「或許/可能/萬一/說不定」:by any chance
  • 「可以保證/百分之一百二的肯定」:Take it to the bank.
  • 「一切都看你了」:The Ball is in your Court.
  • 「口渴」:thirsty(最一般正常的渴),dry(口干舌燥的渴),parched(整個人要干裂的渴),dehydrated(脫水快變成人干的渴)
  • 「永遠」:for good
    • I'm leaving this city for good. 我要永遠離開這座城市了。
  • 「不好使/不能運行」:This machines doesn't function. / I can't get it to work.
  • 「打盹」:take a nap / take a snooze
  • 「非常有趣的」:hilarious = very funny
  • 「說話大聲點」:Could you speak a little louder, please? / Can you speak up?
  • 「說話小聲點/別吵」:Excuse me. Would you mind keeping your voice down? / Can you please keep it down? / Please lower your voice.
  • 「竟然/怎么會」:should / enough / I can't believe ... / how could ... / how come / dafuq
    • How are you still alive! 你怎么會/竟然還活著!
    • How come you are still alive? 你怎么會/竟然還活著!
    • How could you are still alive?
    • Tom was fool enough to believe it. 湯姆竟然傻到會相信這個。
    • She told me it was brand new and I was stupid enough to believe her. 她跟我說這是全新的,我也真夠傻,竟然相信她。
    • 英文中怎么表述「竟然」?
  • 「聽話/乖」:Be good. / Be a good boy. / Be a lamb.
  • 「你真乖」:Good boy. / That's my Boy. / You are so sweet. / well-behaved
  • 「好了好了,別哭了/安慰/哄人」:There, there, stop crying. Never mind!
  • 「你看,我說對了吧/我說吧」:There now!
    • There now! It's just as I expected. 你看! 果然不出我所料。
    • There now! What did I tell you? 你看! 我是怎么跟你說的?
  • 「不要...才...」:
    • 不要在deadline前一天才讓我改代碼。
    • Please don't let me change the code until the day before deadline, you should give me feedback earlier
    • let me change the code before the deadline, pls dont wait until the last day?
    • Don't wait until the last day before deadline to let me change xxxx, please give me heads-up earlier!
  • 「爬山」:go hiking
  • 「攀巖」:go climbing
  • 「隨你挑/隨便挑/任意挑」:Take your pick.
  • 「說曹操曹操到」:Speak of the devil, here he is now. / Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.
  • 「擺脫困境」:off the hook
    • Let me off the hook with a mild reprimand. 溫和地責備后便放過了我。
  • 「事情都辦完了,你可以走了」:You're all set.
    • Am I all set? 我可以走了嗎?
  • 「洗耳恭聽」:I'm all ears!
  • 「別裝了」:Don't play dumb!
  • 「隱瞞」:hold back / cover up / conceal
    • You seem to be holding something back. 你好像隱瞞了點什么。
    • I am not holding anything back. 我沒有隱瞞任何事情。
    • The enterprise tried to cover up a deadly explosion at a railway tunnel project. 這家企業試圖瞞報鐵路隧道爆炸致人死亡事故。
    • To conceal his identity, the man's voice has been dubbed over. 為了隱瞞他的身份,那個男人的聲音已被配音了。
  • 「別胡鬧了」: Don't be silly.
  • 「講真/我說真的/我是認真的」:I mean it.
  • 「真的/幾乎/絕逼/簡直/不加夸張地/沒一點夸張的」:literally,用以強調某件事的真實性和準確性
    • Jessica is literally out of her mind. She broke everything in the room. 杰西卡真是瘋掉了啊,把屋里東西都摔壞了。
    • I'm literally gonna kill you today. 我今天非殺了你不可。
    • I literally ran 300 miles today. 我今天真的跑了300里。(強調)
    • I literally died of embarrassment. 我尷尬得要死了。(夸張、比喻)
    • I was literally amazed at the country to be honest. 我真的真的被中國農村給震驚了。
    • The city was literally destroyed. 那個城市真個被毀滅了。
    • Can you believe Melissa is moving to New York!? I am literally bursting with happiness! 你能相信Melissa要搬來紐約嗎?我真是高興得要爆炸了!
    • You literally drives me crazy. 你簡直要把我弄瘋了。
    • literally can't believe it! 我簡直不能相信!
  • 「習以為常」:That's always the case.
  • 「我忘了」:It slipped my mind.
  • 「打鼾/打呼嚕」:snore / saw logs
    • You were snoring last night. 昨天晚上你打呼嚕了。
    • Did I keep you up? 影響你睡覺了嗎?
  • 「你到底想說什么?」:What are you trying to say?
  • 「放鴿子/失約/爽約」:stand sb up
    • I got stood up. 我被放鴿子了。
    • I didn't mean to stand you up. 我不是故意放你鴿子的。
  • 「吃大餐/大吃一頓/大快朵頤」:pig out / have a big meal
  • 「各付各的」:go dutch / split the bill
  • 「一人吃一半」:split the food
  • 「這家餐廳遠近聞名」:The restaurant is one the map.
  • 「這有什么稀奇的?」:What else is new?
  • 「刀子嘴豆腐心/嘴硬心軟」:His bark is worse than his bite. / He is more bark than bite.
  • 「有一點/有幾分/多少有點/或多或少」:more or less
    • Most people are more or less selfish. 大多數的人多少都有些自私。
    • He doesn't love her, more or less. 他一點都不愛她。(more or less在否定句中表示“毫不、一點也不”)
  • 「遲早/早晚」:sooner or later
  • 「我也這么想/我也一樣/我也是同樣的情況」:I had the same thought. / That makes two of us.
  • 「搞不清狀況/消息不靈通」:out of the loop
  • 「搞清楚/弄明白」:get sth straight
  • 「搞定/解決/想出辦法/弄清楚」:figure it out
  • 「送行/送某人離開」:see sb off / get one way
    • I will get on my way tomorrow, may you get one way at the airport? 明天我就要走了,你能來機場送我嗎?
  • 「為所欲為」:get one's way
    • You can't get your way on this thing. 在這件事上你不能為所欲為。
  • 「得逞」:have one's way
    • She is very good at using her charm to get her way. 她擅長于用自己的魅力來得逞。
  • 「特寫鏡頭」:close-up
  • 「你怎么不講道理」:Come on, be reasonable/sensible.
  • 「碰運氣/試試看」:take pot luck / push one's luck(更多的是“貪心不足、挺而走險”的意思) / try one's fortune / roll the dice
  • 「如果我實在想的話」:If I were so inclined
  • 「愚蠢之人」:mouth breather
  • 「無話可說」:be at loss for words
  • 「有勇氣/敢」:get up the nerve / work up the nerve
    • Wonder you've got the nerve to speak to me.
    • For six months I've been trying to work up the nerve to ask her to marry me, but I'm afraid all she'll do is laugh. 最近六個月來我一直想鼓起勇氣開口向她求婚,但卻老覺得難以啟齒,因為我怕她會一笑了之。
  • 「惹惱/刺激/使不安/使心煩」:get on sb's nerves
  • 「白眼狼/狼心狗肺/忘恩負義」:ungrateful / bite the hand that feeds you
  • 「舍不得分離」:
    • It's so hard for me to say goodbye, I will be missing you. 很難過要和你說再見了,我會想你的。
    • Gosh, you know, we only have a few short weeks left. It's been so wonderful meeting you and living with you. 天啊我們就剩幾個禮拜了。認識你、跟你一起住真的非常好。
    • It's going to be very difficult to start the next chapter of my life without you. 沒有你在,我自己面對人生的新篇章很難啊。
    • But I want you to know that I really appreciate all the times we were able to spend together. 但是我想和你說我非常珍惜我們在一起的時光。
    • I hope we can stay friends wherever we go and keep in touch. 我希望無論我們將來在哪都能一直是好朋友。
  • 「東西舍不得用」:save it for
    • Grandma tries everything she can to save it for her grandson to eat. 奶奶舍不得吃,什么都留給孫子。
    • This necklace is very important to me. My mom made this for me. It's not just any necklace, It's one of a kind. I don't want anything to happen to it so I'm saving it for special occasions. 這對我很重要。這是我媽媽做給我的,可不是一般的項鏈,世上僅此一個。我不想它壞了,要等到特殊場合才會戴上呢。
  • 「舍不得/其中帶有情感寄托」:I don't have the slightest idea to ... 沒有絲毫的想法
    • I don't have the slightest idea to throw it away for it was passed down my father. 這是我爸爸給我的,舍不得扔啊。
  • 「走心/用心」:heartfelt
  • 「獨一無二」:one of a kind
  • 「還輪不到你來…」:
    • 還輪不到你教訓我。
    • It's not your turn to tell me what to do. 輪不到你來教我怎么做事。
  • 「不要對我指手畫腳妄加評判/不要用你的價值觀來評判我」:Don't judge me.
  • 「你知道嗎」:Guess what? / You know what?
  • 「看什么看/這里沒什么好看的」:Nothing to see here!
  • 「不聽我的就滾蛋!」:My way or the highway.
  • 「再來一杯/份」:Make it three.(和老外一起到酒吧,餐廳點同樣東西時的經典用語,言簡意賅)
  • 「別催我」:Don't rush/push me.
  • 「扯平了」:Call it even.
  • 「時間不夠了/時間快用完了」:Now, we are (running) out of time.
  • 「時間超過了」:We are over time.
  • 「時間到」:Time is up.
  • 「你還要多久」:How much longer?(特別強調“還”這個字,是做事做到一半時問的)
    • How much longer will it take you to get all of this stuff done? 你還要多久才能把事情做完。
  • 「爭分奪秒/時間緊迫」:against the clock / pressed for time / time is ticking away / cut it fine
    • On our last project, we were working against the clock. 上一個工程,我們一直都在和時間賽跑。
    • I am pressed for time as I have a lot of work to do. 我時間很緊,因為我有許多事要做。
    • We need to intervene before it's too late. Time's ticking away. 趁著還不算晚,我們應該插手這件事。時間可是正一分一秒地過去。
    • It's cutting it a bit fine to get to the station at 9:45 when the train leaves at 9:50! 火車9點50開,我們9點45到車站,這時間算得太緊了。
  • 「最后關頭/最后期限」:at the eleventh hour / down to the wire
    • Their plan was called off at the eleventh hour. 他們的計劃在最后時刻被取消了。
    • I never leave it down to the wire. 我從來不把工作拖到最后關頭。
  • 「參加排隊」:come to our party(不要用join,它往往是指參加俱樂部或者協會)
  • 「我不在行/我沒有經驗/我不太清楚」:I don't know much about that. / I am not really an expert in this area.
  • 「一直以來/一貫的」:consistent
    • Thanks for your consistent help. 感謝您一直以來對我的幫助。
  • 「打電話」
    • 「接電話/你是誰」:This is Shawyer, who's speaking? / Shawyer's speaking. May I ask who's speaking? / Who's calling, please?
    • 「我就是」:This is he. / Speaking. / Him speaking.
    • 「你打錯電話了」:You've got/dialed the wrong number.
    • 「有什么事嗎」:May I ask what this is regarding?
    • 「說明來電緣由」:I'm calling to ... / I'm calling about some issues with ...
    • 「信號不好/聽不清」:I'm sorry. You're breaking up. Can you repeat that? 不好意思,你那邊斷斷續續的,可以重復一遍嗎? / I'm having really bad reception. 我這邊信號很不好。
    • 「稍等一下」:Hang on (a second)(不太正式,用于比較熟的人) / Would you mind holding on a moment, please?(正式)
    • 「能說慢一點嗎」:Could you please speak a little more slowly, please?
    • 「大點聲音說」:Would you mind speaking up, please?
    • 「需要拼寫」:Would you mind spelling that for me? / Can you spell it?
    • 「一會給我打過來可以嗎」:Would you mind calling back?
    • 「不方便接電話/什么時候方便回電」:When is a good time to call?
    • 「談話結束」:It's been great talking to you. Have a great day!
  • 「幾乎不」:rarely(美帝人民幾乎從來不用seldom)
  • 「恕我直言/無意冒犯/冒昧地說一句」:with all due respect / no offense
  • 「別誤會」:Please don't take this the wrong way. / Don't get me wrong.
  • 「改天/另外找一天」:take a rain check
  • 「胡鬧/鬼混/不作正經事」:screw around
    • Quit screwing around and work on your paper, Max! Max你不要胡鬧了, 作你的報告去吧!
最后編輯于
?著作權歸作者所有,轉載或內容合作請聯系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剝皮案震驚了整個濱河市,隨后出現的幾起案子,更是在濱河造成了極大的恐慌,老刑警劉巖,帶你破解...
    沈念sama閱讀 227,283評論 6 530
  • 序言:濱河連續發生了三起死亡事件,死亡現場離奇詭異,居然都是意外死亡,警方通過查閱死者的電腦和手機,發現死者居然都...
    沈念sama閱讀 97,947評論 3 413
  • 文/潘曉璐 我一進店門,熙熙樓的掌柜王于貴愁眉苦臉地迎上來,“玉大人,你說我怎么就攤上這事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    開封第一講書人閱讀 175,094評論 0 373
  • 文/不壞的土叔 我叫張陵,是天一觀的道長。 經常有香客問我,道長,這世上最難降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    開封第一講書人閱讀 62,485評論 1 308
  • 正文 為了忘掉前任,我火速辦了婚禮,結果婚禮上,老公的妹妹穿的比我還像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他們只是感情好,可當我...
    茶點故事閱讀 71,268評論 6 405
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭開白布。 她就那樣靜靜地躺著,像睡著了一般。 火紅的嫁衣襯著肌膚如雪。 梳的紋絲不亂的頭發上,一...
    開封第一講書人閱讀 54,817評論 1 321
  • 那天,我揣著相機與錄音,去河邊找鬼。 笑死,一個胖子當著我的面吹牛,可吹牛的內容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,決...
    沈念sama閱讀 42,906評論 3 440
  • 文/蒼蘭香墨 我猛地睜開眼,長吁一口氣:“原來是場噩夢啊……” “哼!你這毒婦竟也來了?” 一聲冷哼從身側響起,我...
    開封第一講書人閱讀 42,039評論 0 285
  • 序言:老撾萬榮一對情侶失蹤,失蹤者是張志新(化名)和其女友劉穎,沒想到半個月后,有當地人在樹林里發現了一具尸體,經...
    沈念sama閱讀 48,551評論 1 331
  • 正文 獨居荒郊野嶺守林人離奇死亡,尸身上長有42處帶血的膿包…… 初始之章·張勛 以下內容為張勛視角 年9月15日...
    茶點故事閱讀 40,502評論 3 354
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相戀三年,在試婚紗的時候發現自己被綠了。 大學時的朋友給我發了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃飯的照片。...
    茶點故事閱讀 42,662評論 1 366
  • 序言:一個原本活蹦亂跳的男人離奇死亡,死狀恐怖,靈堂內的尸體忽然破棺而出,到底是詐尸還是另有隱情,我是刑警寧澤,帶...
    沈念sama閱讀 38,188評論 5 356
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F島的核電站,受9級特大地震影響,放射性物質發生泄漏。R本人自食惡果不足惜,卻給世界環境...
    茶點故事閱讀 43,907評論 3 345
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一處隱蔽的房頂上張望。 院中可真熱鬧,春花似錦、人聲如沸。這莊子的主人今日做“春日...
    開封第一講書人閱讀 34,304評論 0 25
  • 文/蒼蘭香墨 我抬頭看了看天上的太陽。三九已至,卻和暖如春,著一層夾襖步出監牢的瞬間,已是汗流浹背。 一陣腳步聲響...
    開封第一講書人閱讀 35,563評論 1 281
  • 我被黑心中介騙來泰國打工, 沒想到剛下飛機就差點兒被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道東北人。 一個月前我還...
    沈念sama閱讀 51,255評論 3 389
  • 正文 我出身青樓,卻偏偏與公主長得像,于是被迫代替她去往敵國和親。 傳聞我的和親對象是個殘疾皇子,可洞房花燭夜當晚...
    茶點故事閱讀 47,637評論 2 370