Down by the Salley Gardens
柳園里
Down by the salley gardens
在柳園里
my love and I did meet;
我和我的愛人曾經相遇
She passed the salley gardens
她走過柳園
with little snow-white feet.
盈盈雪足翩翩蓮步
She bid me take love easy,
她說愿我愛得簡單
as the leaves grow on the tree;
就像樹上發出的綠葉
But I, being young and foolish,
但是我卻年少無知
with her did not agree.
不以為然
In a field by the river
在河畔曠野
my love and I did stand,
我和我的愛人曾經佇立
And on my leaning shoulder
在我斜倚的肩上搭著
she laid her snow-white hand.
她纖纖的素手
She bid me take life easy,
她說愿我活得自在
as the grass grows on the weirs;
就像河岸生長的青草
But I was young and foolish,
但那時的我年少無知
and now am full of tears.
而今滿面淚水
圖片發自簡書App